Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WARMING OCEAN AND EFFECTS ON GLOBE

Okay, so I'm sitting and thinking earlier today and I came up with an interesting idea(if I may say so myself) about the warming waters of the Pacific that contribute to El Nino and La Nina. The Ring of Fire located in the Pacific Ocean is where a large number of volcanic eruptions take place along and within the Ocean itself. Doesn't it stand to reason that "volcanic heat" would contribute to the warming or cooling of the waters in relation to the volcanic activity in that area? I'm thinking, wondering, out loud here and may stumble upon some information that would link the two together but it does not appear readily available or my search operations are misguided for I've not found any information that links the two. Well, at least they did not appear in the top 20 results of a YAHOO search. Anyway, it is something to think about. The Pacific Ocean could be warming due to increased volcanic activity thus causing a melting of ice in the polar region thus leading to cooling of the water along the Pacific Coast. As I said, just thinking out loud.

No comments: