Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF

Matthew 28:20  And lo I am with you alway even unto the end of the age.

John 14:16  And I will pray the Father and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

When we by faith receive the Spirit at and as a result of salvation, we have a promise that is thought provoking and life changing.  Thought provoking in that no matter WHERE we may go and no matter WHAT we may do, the Spirit of the Lord is present with us.  Think about that next time you go to sin.  You will be sinning in the presence of the Lord.  Sure, you can't see Him.  Sure you may even try to block Him out of your mind for a brief moment of insanity but for the children of God, we have the promise of an eternal abiding presence.  He sees and knows everything about you.  

When we pray, we do not inform God, we acknowledge God.  When we pray and ask God to be with us, our language confounds our faith.  Faith says that I do not need to ask for what has already been given.  If the Lord's Eternal Spirit is sent to us(and He has been), then He will ever be with us.  Rather than pray for His presence to be with me, I pray in acknowledgement and thankfulness that He IS with me.  When I am afraid, it is because I doubt His presence.  When I worry, it is because I doubt His presence.  His presence is not dependent upon my circumstances but IN SPITE OF my circumstances.

Rejoice in the truth that the Lord's Spirit is with you always.  You always have a Helper.  You always have a Comforter. You always have a Teacher.  You always have a Guide in truth.  Thank the Lord in the truth that His Spirit is there with you.

Selah

No comments: